venerdì 5 marzo 2021

Project of the month - Key holder - Wipz- Creative Team

 


Today I am working with this fun image,  SO’GETTA BUT FIRST COFFEE. The image was colored in Paint Shop Pro 7, That is my go to program for quick digital graphics. I kept it fairly simple, but if you have time and patience you can make your coloring much more detailed. Or go back over and add depth and detailing with pens too. I added a drop shadow to the image and ...

then I cut a piece of Aida and iron on sheet from the rolls I have. You can pick these up at most any good craft store than does fabrics and needlework.  I attached the iron on adhesive sheet to the back of the Aida, this helps feed the canvas through the printer and also allows me to iron it on to various materials IF I want to, depending on my project. If you are careful you can even iron this on to foam sheets for a padded card topper. 



I trimmed the edges up to prevent them catching in the printer and to make sure the leading edge was straight so it would feed properly.



I set the printer to my usual high quality, print on matte card stock and chose to print multiple images, I printed two colored and one uncolored image. The other two are for future projects and it is always good to have a spare. If you do not have an Ecotank printer and you are hesitant to use so much color ink, you can see in the following images how I printed just the stamp and then colored it with alcohol pens. Both options work well and have their uses, depending on the project.





I fussy cut this with a border using my favorite Golden Scissors from Blitsy .. yes I finally got a pair of the much coveted Golden Scissors a few years ago at the annual Pajama party.




This is a close up of the printer colored and the marker colored versions showing the texture of the aida and effect of each coloring method.



This is is the plain wooden cutting board / paddle and vinyl remake sheet. It is sold as a decorative panel sheet for decorating large areas and walls, but I saw it and wanted to try it. It comes in a whole variety of designs, brick, wood etc. and I chose this white washed aged wood panel for this project.
It applies very smoothly and cuts easily with an exacto. 


I removed the backing sheet from the Iron on image and used that as a mask to create an inked outline with a dry brush technique. You just get an old paint brush and scrub it onto the ink pad, then scrub it onto the piece in circular motions to create a soft edge.




I inked up the image edges roughly for a more rough, aged look. Since I had used vinyl as my background, I chose to glue my Aida image onto the board instead of using the iron. 


I added some extra touches to the Vinyl using 3 stamps and the Stazon pad and inked up the edges of the chopping board for a rough aged look. I screwed on 3 small cup hooks and VOILA! 

I now have a new place to lose my keys haha



Close up, she reminds me of me .. but that would be tea ... not coffee :)  I hope you ladies enjoyed this project and it inspires you to experiment with various materials.  These canvas pieces make beautiful card fronts and can be attached to purses, backpacks, jackets etc. too.  I love working on specialty papers and fabrics... even those not designed to be run through a printer.. like bed sheet..

YES.... I did indeed print on bed sheets haha.  I am sure you will get to see more of those in future projects both her and on my personal blog. 



Mirtillamente Shop

Mirtillamente Facebook Group

Supply list:

Iron
Aida embroidery canvas
Iron on adhesive sheet
Epson Ecotank Printer
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 (Very old version)

Daiso wooden chopping board / paddle
Daiso Vinyl remake sheet
"Lips" Rubber stamp
"Hot Mess" Rubber Stamp
"Hearts" clear cling Stamps
Staz on black Ink pad
Tacky Glue
Small brass cup hooks
Scissors
Exacto knife
cutting mat
old paint brush

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento