domenica 24 gennaio 2021

Project of the Month: Canvas Panel by Wipz - Creative Team


This is my January 2021 featuring Mirtillamente digital papers VINTAGE PAPER  and Mirtillamente digital stamp SO'GETTA STEAMPUNK GEARS . I created a canvas panel wall art piece with 3D decoupage and wooden embellishments. 

Step 1.

I uploaded the image into Cricut Design Space, chose print and cut and set it to 6 cuts. If you don't do a lot of projects using this technique, I would recommend printing an extra to keep on hand in case of mistakes, or you decide you need more layers than first thought. If you don't use it, you can always save it for a future project.


Step 2.

Once I had all of my cuts done, I planned out my layers and started cutting them with scissors and an exacto knife.


Step 3.

I start coloring from the top layer down. Usually I would color at least the edges and perimeter of the image on all layers so that they are not so noticeable in the end project. I chose to leave these uncolored to show the technique more clearly and simply colored the edges. I used Zig Kurecolor # 731 Pale Beige and Chameleon BR5, BR2, YG3, GR2, GR4, OL3 YL2, YO2, BK4 and BL3


 Step 4.

I padded the layers with Darice adhesive foam sheet using 6 inch wide double tape from Elizabeth Designs to apply adhesive to the other side. Sometimes I pad out the entire image when it is a single layer, but for this project I cut it into smaller pieces and attached it to the underside of each layer.



Step 5.

I glued the vintage papers to the canvas panel using a diluted mix of Mod Podge and water similar to the technique used when decoupaging paper napkins to projects.



 Step 6.

I decided on the layout for the project and then inked all of the wooden embellishments using Craft Smart dye ink pads in black, light blue, green and brown. The canvas edges were inked using black and the gears and scrabble tiles in all 4 colors.



Additional Images



mirtillamentecraftshop.it



Supplies

Cricut Explore 
Epson Ecotank printer 
scissors and exacto knife 
Paint brushes

Pen Gear 110lb Card stock 
Mirtillamente digital papers VINTAGE PAPER
Mirtillamente digital stamp SO'GETTA STEAMPUNK GEARS
Artlicious 9x12 flat canvas Panel 
Mod Podge 
Aleene's Tacky Glue 
Elizbeth Designs double sided 6 inch wide tape 
Adhesive backed foam 
Scrabble letters 
Wooden Gears 
Craftsmart dye inkpads black, light blue , brown & green 
Chameleon pens 
Zig Kurecolor pen

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento